Hand down the best pancakes I’ve ever made!
60g of porridge
1 scoop of protein powder chocolate/vanilla
1 teaspoon of coconut oil/butter
1 protein bar (chocolate based one)
handful of strawberries, halved
10 hazelnuts, chopped
3 -4 tablespoons of milk
1. Blitz the porridge until you have a coarse flour.
2. Add the eggs, banana, and protect powder.
3. Heat the oil in a large non stick pan over medium to high heat.
4. Add 3-4 tablespoons of batter to the pan to make a medium pancake.
5. Cook for 1-2 mins on each side, until it is browned.
6. Make 8 pancakes.
7. While the pancakes are cooking break up the bar and heat for 20 secs in the microwave.
8. Add a tablespoon of milk and stir.
9. Heat the bar again for 20 secs and keep stirring. The chocolate will easily burn so be careful.
10. Add the remaining milk and stir until you have a sauce like consistency.
11. Stack the pancakes and strawberries as shown in the picture on two plates.
12. Pour over the sauce and top each stack with the hazelnuts.
Recipe makes 2 servings.
Calories – 503
Carbs – 39g
Protein – 40g
Fat – 18g
Fibre – 12g